Followers

Saturday, 19 November 2016

Jewellery Box

Good Afternoon Crafters

How are you all this cold Saturday afternoon?

At the moment we have rain, we have had hail and bright sunshine, it just doesn't know what to do, but it sure is chilly.

Today I am sharing a wooden Jewellery box I have altered.


I gave the box a coat of white Gesso and then a coat of pale dusky pink. Once dry I added a coat of crackle paint and then a coat of cream paint. I then dry brushed IndigoBlu Goldfinch metallic paint which highlighted some of the crackle, I wanted a subtle crackle and was pleased how it turn out.
On the front of the door I attached a paper moulding which I painted with goldfinch and add cameo of a flower.


As you can see the subtle crackle on the inside.
I decorated the sides and draw with flower lace from Gone Artsy and added pink gems to the centre.


On the top of the box I added a small tiara and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts which have been dry brushed with gold metallic paint.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Vintage Journey - Cracking up
Creative Artiste - AG Mixed Media
Creative Moments #101 - Always Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #112 - Anything Goes

Until next time, Happy Crafting!





8 comments:

  1. This is really fab, and serves a useful purpose too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty box, love the decoration. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, for a princes and I so do love that tiara!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, stunning. Young Brian, bought me a jewellery box, with his 1st pay check, many years ago..it has sat on my window shelf and been a bit damaged by the sun, so I am planning to give it a new look in the new year, wish me luck, LOL...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely project Linda! The colours are very pretty. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Artiste, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really charming - I love the weathered crackle and the rose gold colour tones are very pretty. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have enjoyed your visit.
Hugs
Linda